Visit the stars of Chick Cam at the SMC Fall Festival
Come see the South Mountain Creamery in person during the Fall Festival, October 18 and 19. Free and open to the public.
These baby Chicks are tons of fun and always on the move. Spend a while getting to know them and they'll surely brighten your day.
- 10:30am ET Chick Chats on Wednesdays in the Chick Chatroom (Alternates with Calves)
- New Chicks arrive approximately every 4 weeks
- These Chicks are called Cochin Bantams.
- Soldiers returning from China brought the first Cochin Bantams to England in the 1860's.
- Bantams are miniature Chickens, usually 1/4 to 1/5 the size of standard-sized varieties.
- Cochins are heavily feathered down the shanks and toes and appear to be much larger than they actually are.
- Cochins are very gentle and don't require much space. They're colorful and tons of fun to watch.
These baby Chicks and Ducklings are tons of fun and always on the move. Spend a while getting to know them and they'll surely brighten your day.
The chicks are hosted by our friends at South Mountain Creamery in Middletown, Maryland. If you want your milk straight from the Cow, you have to call South Mountain Creamery.