This camera is following the growth and development of a litter of puppies born in the care of Chicago English Bulldog Rescue (CEBR). The mom, Jilly, is a four-year old english bulldog recently freed from a commercial breeding operation. She now lives in a foster home in Chicago where she is raising her three pups, two girls and a boy.
CEBR is a 501c3 non profit animal rescue and your donations are tax deductible. Please support their mission and help them help more dogs like Jilly and her puppies. Donate securely online here.
- On average, Bulldogs weigh between 40 and 50 pounds.
- They’re typically 12 to 15 inches tall.
- Their average lifespan is 8 to 10 years.
- While the original English Bulldogs were revered for their ferocity and ability to drive cattle, today’s bulldog is known to be gentle, sociable, and affectionate, albeit somewhat stubborn.
- Because of their heavy bodies and short legs, most bulldogs are unable to swim.
- The majority of bulldogs are born via C-section because of the breed’s characteristically large heads.
Watch Jilly raise her three pups (two girls and one boy) on the Bulldog Cam.